- What are the event hours?
- Can I get tattooed at the Expo?
- Can I bring my camera?
- Is there anything besides tattoos at the Tattoo Expo?
- Where can I purchase tickets for the Expo?
- What methods of payment are accepted at the Expo?
- Are children allowed at the Expo?
- Are pets allowed at the Expo?
- What is the re-entry policy?
- How do I enter the tattoo contests?
- Will there be seminars at this year’s Expo?
- What is the Ash Hole Lounge?
- Is food available at the Expo?
- Can I volunteer for the Seattle Tattoo Expo?
- If I am an attending artist, what do I need to bring with me?
What are the event hours?
Friday, August 16th
2:00pm to 10:00pm
Saturday, August 17th
12:00pm to 10:00pm
Sunday, August 18th
12:00pm to 8:00pm
No tattooing can begin prior to or extend beyond our posted event hours under any circumstances.
Can I get tattooed at the Expo?
Yes, you can. Check out the list of attending shops on our Artist page. From there you can view their websites, portfolios, and contact information to schedule appointments at the Expo. In accordance with Washington State Law, you must be 18 or older to get a tattoo. No tattooing can begin prior to or extend beyond our posted event hours under any circumstances.
Can I bring my camera?
Is there anything besides tattoos at the Tattoo Expo?
Always. On the main stage we have live music, side show acts, and burlesque in addition to our tattoo contests. In the courtyard we have the vendor village, concessions, beer garden, and cigar lounge.
Where can I purchase tickets for the Expo?
Tickets for this year’s Expo will available in advance online on our Tickets page and at the door. Please note the price increase on the day of the event.
What methods of payment are accepted at the Expo?
For admission into the Expo we will accept cash, VISA, Mastercard, and American Express. There will be ATMs on-site for our patrons’ convenience.
Are children allowed at the Expo?
Yes. The Seattle Tattoo Expo is a family-friendly event. Admission is free for children under 12 accompanied by an adult.
Are pets allowed at the Expo?
Only service dogs escorted by their handlers are allowed within the Expo grounds.
What is the re-entry policy?
Re-entry is allowed throughout the course of the event as long as you have the proper credential.
How do I enter the tattoo contests?
To enter a contest, there is a $10 entry fee and you must fill-out an entry form which includes the following information:
- Contestant Name, Address, Email, and Contact Number
- Description of your Tattoo
- Artist Name, Shop, City, or Country
- Amount of hours to complete
- Waiver to utilize photography for STE promotional or publication
Entry forms are available at the Contest Tent next to the main stage. For the tattoo contest schedule, descriptions, and restrictions please go to the Contest page.
Will there be seminars at this year’s Expo?
Yes, info coming soon.
What is the Ash Hole Lounge?
The Ash Hole is our cigar lounge. It’s just a place to relax, smoke cigars and talk about ink as you hang out at the Expo.
Is food available at the Expo?
Yes. We have a concessions stand with a variety of drinks and snacks.
Can I volunteer for the Seattle Tattoo Expo?
If I am an attending artist, what do I need to bring with me?
All attending tattoo artists and body piercers must have a valid Tattoo Artist/Body Piercing License, Permit, or Certification, and a Blood-borne Pathogen Certification in accordance with WA State licensing requirements to participate in the Seattle Tattoo Expo. Details below.
All artists are required to submit (2) items to STE:
- Submit your Blood-borne Pathogen Certification
- Need to obtain a BBP certification? STE’s Health Coordinator Ruby will be teaching a 6 hour course at Damask Tattoo here in Seattle on August 3rd. Cutoff for registration is July 25th. Feel free to email email@example.com to sign up and for more information regarding courses offered in your city.
Include one of the following Licensing/Permit options (choose the option suited to your shop’s operating location):
Washington State Artists
- Current Tattoo/Piercers Washington State License
- Current Business License
Out-of-State Artists / Shops in the U.S.A
(choose the license that applies to how you operate in your residing state of origin)
- State License
- Artist Certification
- City Tattoo License
- County License
- Tattoo Shop Business License
(choose the license that applies to how you operate in your residing country of origin)
- Tattoo Shop License
- Business license
Simply take a picture of your license and send it to us. Questions about your licensing/permitting process at the Seattle Tattoo Expo? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 447-7725. It’s a lot simpler than it sounds, give us a call to talk about which documents you should submit.
- Submit your Blood-borne Pathogen Certification